- 22.3 MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 5+ Image Processor
- 3.2" 1.04m-Dot ClearView II LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- 61-Point High Density Reticular AF
- Native ISO 25600, Extended to ISO 102400
The 5D series has been a dynasty of slightly unlikely revolutionaries. The original EOS 5D of 2005 was the first 'affordable' full frame SLR, and the camera that cemented the 24x36mm sensor as the format of choice for many professional applications at a time when many were questioning its continued relevance.
The 5D Mark II was the first SLR capable of recording full HD video, a feature that revolutionized the market in a fashion
that no one could possibly have envisaged at the time - least of all Canon. On the face of it, though, the latest model offers little that looks likely to make the same impact.